Sunday, November 11, 2007

The Chargers are on my TV wearing a shade of blue we here at WWTHD? like a lot.

I'm not sure that there's much value in in-depth evaluation of Carolina's exhibition game against Lenoir-Rhyne on Friday night, except to note that Quentin Thomas, Bobby Frasor, and Danny Green all played exceptionally well, but I feel that one particular moment of the second half is well worth documenting.


I am, you see, the sort of girl sports blogger who gets very upset when referees fail to call moving screens on Carolina's opponents, and I am also the sort of girl sports blogger who has no problem standing up in the Dean Dome and shouting, "THAT WAS A MOVING SCREEN, YOU BLIND DIPSHIT!" Friday night, there was a very nice dude sitting in front of us who turned around and said to me, "That totally was, I saw that, too," and I felt vindicated. I learned basketball at the knee of ... well, the television, but the television showing Dean Smith. I know a moving screen when I see one, and the refs failed to call it, and my basketball soulmate left without giving me his phone number.

That's probably okay, though. I think he was about 16 years old.

No comments: