Thursday, March 27, 2008

"Does this mean we could have a one guard as the leader of our people?"

After a week of pestering dex. with YouTube clips and ESPN articles and flail-y jazz hands, it's time to come clean. Friends, another gentleman in gym shorts has done the unexpected and swooped in to steal my heart from Tyler Hansbrough almost completely. No, it's not Bobby Frasor. I mean, yes, obviously, but that's actually not who I meant. (However, look to the future for a fist-shaking post about Bobby's glass joints and my plans to swathe him in bubble-wrap.)


Dear readers, let me introduce you to Joe Alexander, starting forward for the West Virginia Mountaineers:





I had an entire list of reasons why Joe Alexander and I are secretly meant for each other -- he's tall with slightly goofy ears; I canonically love tall goofy dudes! He was born in Taiwan and spent most of his formulative years in China; Chinese is one of my favourite cuisines! He isn't afraid to voice strong opinions about the ACC; dex. and I created a blog so we could be loud and opinionated about basketball (although I keep my ACC bashing to the house, or restaurants in Durham, or the backseat of A.'s car)! He respects Huggy Bear and chills to give adorable post-dunk post-game to a wasted Jay Bilas; I would give up a kidney and perhaps some unfertilized eggs to chill with a wasted Bilas and Huggy Bear -- but more than anything, I want him to guest-post here at WWTHD? Joe Alexander, it's totally a pants-optional gig! I'll be calling your people.


I feel it's only fair to note we're watching the Washington State/UNC game (because it's on the TV and we're too wasted to bother with March Madness On Demand) and even dex. is trusting Roy to coach our team without us, so we can devote all our energy to hollering at the West Virginia/Xavier score in the corner. Well. I'm hollering. Someone send dex. a valium, okay?

No comments: