Monday, October 1, 2007

"The University of Richmond mascot is a spider."

I'm still kind of staggering from our nine hour drive home yesterday (thanks a pantsload, Richmond, you suck!) but I had to note that it was, in fact, Tom Glavine who shit the bed for the Mets yesterday. I've got nothing against the Mets in general -- David Wright and Jose Reyes, in particular, have been joys to watch this season -- but I loathe Tom Glavine with a fire so fierce that I can't even look at him on the TV. If he shows up on SportsCenter, we have to change the channel because otherwise I have rage blackouts and have to go lie down.


So I'm sorry that the Mets choked like little bitches, but the fact that Tom Glavine blew their final game of the season -- to the Marlins, no less -- is exactly what Mr. 1994 Strike NL Player's Rep deserved. Stick that in your playoff-less pipe and smoke it, Glavine, you douchebag.

In other news, we sat in front of an Orioles fan wearing a Notre Dame football jersey at the O's/Yanks game on Saturday night; in the middle of Danny Cabs' spectacular ten-run inning meltdown, I turned to him and said, "You're just not having a very good year, are you?" He said, very sadly, "Noooooooo." His buddy was in a USC jersey; that just seems cruel to me. Don't rub it in, Notre Dame fan's friend! Poor Notre Dame. I hope they go 0-12, it would be fucking hilarious.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You do realize that pulling for Notre Dame to go 0-12 means you are pulling for a Duke victory, right?

dex. said...

... i am surprisingly okay with this, in fact.