Thursday, October 18, 2007

In their defense, Yankees fans just get drunk at the Yard. They pee in the bathrooms like normal people.

Having been harassed in my home stadium -- as one of the few, the embarrassed, the pathetic, the Native Orioles Fan -- by fans of the visiting team (pre-2004 World Series, even! You stay classy, Red Sox Nation. And quit fucking peeing in our concourses when you come to visit!), the story of the Ladies ... being harassed and abused by fans in Cleveland doesn't surprise me. Saddens me, pisses me off, but doesn't surprise me.


Does guarantee that I'm done with rooting for Cleveland for the year, though, regardless of my love for fat starting pitchers who don't look like they should be able to walk to the mound, much less throw complete games. Rockies bandwagon, here I come. (Actual conversation had with my mother this week:
Mom: I'm rooting for Colorado! They're all so young and cute!
dex.: You have looked at Todd Helton, right, Mom?
Mom: Who?
dex.: *audible facepalm*
Mom: What? What? I saw them on TV, they're all cute! I promise!
My mom, ladies and gentlemen. My mom. She's on the same bandwagon as Wanda Williams, the woman responsible for the fact that, talent or not, Roy is responsible for having one of the prettiest teams in college basketball every year, I'm sure of it.)

We're not dead, we're just still avoiding baseball. The Tar Heels are off this week -- thank God, because concussion + Brandon Tate = more trouble for TJ Yates than usual -- so there'll be no Sacks Blog on Saturday, but hopefully dex. will finish a book sooner rather than later and give you reviews of John Feinstein's A Civil War (now with more irrelevant Coach K!) or Bissinger's Three Nights In August in some sort of timely fashion. A Civil War has to go back to the library next week anyway, so I better finish it.

1 comment:

k said...

I'm preparing to jump on the Rockies bandwagon myself. (If it's the freaking Indians, you betcha.) Whenever it gets hard, I just remember that they voted a playoff share to Mike Coolbaugh's widow. If they win, it's so much bigger. And they didn't have to do that, they voted to do it, so you know, that's a team I can get behind.

More than the freaking INDIANS. I hate anyone who wins the AL central for that season unless it's the Tigers, of course.